Thursday, July 16, 2009

summer gingham

This summer is going by so fast. I have been away from home for most of the past two weeks and didn't realize how long it had been since I posted! It really is hard to post away from home. I guess it is because I have been so busy. Last week Michael and I took a couple of days to go to the beach for our anniversary. And this week the kids and I are visiting my parents for Vacation Bible School at their church. And somehow my sister convinced me to help her teach crafts to second graders. OK, you know I am loving that. The kids are so excited every night!

In the few days we were home, I was able to get a few projects completed. I make clothes for Lucy all the time, but I have made only a couple of skirts and pajama pants for myself. I have decided to start making more of my own clothes. I mean, I have the ability, so why not? The other day I picked up several new patterns. My favorite was Simplicity 2593 by Cynthia Rowley. The same day I picked up the patterns, the gingham was on sale 50% off. And I love gingham. So here is my completed top...


For the neckline, you basically have a tube of fabric that you twist and place how you want and stitch it to the tank shell. I have to admit, that part was a lot of fun. Here is a detail of the front of the neckline...
And the back...
I have already worn this top and I love it! It is so comfortable and even after packing, the top didn't wrinkle! I was surprised because it is 100% cotton.
I will have to share the other projects once I am back home in a few days. I will also have a few more by then because I have to make a few things for our family reunion auction. Stay tuned!

8 comments:

LeeAnn said...

I have that pattern as well and its at the top of the pile. Would you say this pattern has alot of ease? Or is it true to size?

I love the gingham you picked out. I have some chocolate gingham in my stash, maybe I'll have to try this shirt with it!

LisaAnn said...

I love the top, and the gingham makes it so cute.

jen said...

it's adorable, i love it!

kristi said...

i can totally see you wearing this. it is very you. which = very adorable, in case you were wondering. :)

Stephanie Breuner said...

Love the new top! Bet you look super cute in it.

girl on a roof said...

This is great! When I get home can we work on my dress? I am missing you this summer!

sew nancy said...

very cute top! perfect for summer

Elizabeth said...

I saw that pattern and thought it was so cute! Yours turned out adorable :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...