Monday, July 25, 2011

gingham apron happiness


I posted last Monday that I had won an apron at our family reunion auction. I think it is the perfect apron! You can't go wrong with gingham and aqua!

Michael's mom contributed it to the auction. After I won it, she confessed that she almost kept it at home to put in my Christmas stocking this year. Clearly, this apron and I were meant to be together!

I love the simple cross stitch along the bottom.

I love to wear aprons as often as I can. I have even been known to wear one outside of the house. (Which reminds me, did you see Shannan's skirt? It is perfect!) When I wear an apron I feel homey and nostalgic. Oddly enough, protecting my clothing is the last thing on my mind...that's just an added bonus! I love what Heather had to say about aprons being a reminder of the importance of serving others. I am glad for that little reminder and great reason to tie one on!

6 comments:

Nicky said...

you are right... I love the sentiment of an apron. Its adorable. ;-)

LittleGreenThread said...

It's so cute! Ever since we talked about that apron skirt last week I've been wanting to make one. Let's give it a try!

Heather @ we.are.the.holdens said...

No you can't go wrong with that apron!! So cute just like you.

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

I adore aprons. I never wear mine though :( and I have ruined some clothes b/c of that. I think if I had a pretty one like this I would wear mine more.

kristi said...

soooo cute.

danielle @ take heart said...

i love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...