Wednesday, June 30, 2010

relaxed wednesday

This feels like such a lazy Wednesday even though I have been busy in the kitchen for a couple of hours now. But somehow, it is actually relaxing. I started out by baking this...
The recipe can be found here. And no, this is not the best shot I could take. Who cares about my new stacking, rust-proof cooling rack? Me. Probably not you but definitely me. And while waiting for it to cool, I was flipping through this...
It is beautifully done. I have really enjoyed it. And while we are on the subject of canning, Shannan wrote a great post about it here. She even has a great giveaway to boot! And while I am planning all the wonderful preserves I am going to make, I am snacking on these that were handpicked yesterday...
But even I have to take a break from taking a break and while the oven was hot, I roasted tomatillos, onion, jalepeno and garlic, tossed them in my new blender (again, you probably don't care, but we were without one for quite a while and it was stressful)...
And then after a bit of pulsing, I have this cooling in the refrigerator...
And so that it is not alone, I decided I needed to do something with some of the cucumbers from Lucy's basket and I have some cucumber mint water in there as well...
I hope your Wednesday is finding you relaxed and well.

5 comments:

Nan Van said...

Don't you just LOVE summer? :D All those fruits and fresh veggies and the warm weather to enjoy. Your food looks scrumptious -- ! :)

Anonymous said...

amy, what a lovely, calm place you've created. thanks for the breath of fresh air!

Elizabeth said...

Boy you have been a busy bee in the kitchen. OK, where did you get that cool cooling rack??!! I would love to get one of those.

mary anna said...

Girl you make mama proud!

girl on a roof said...

Oh, I think you should bring that salsa with you today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...