Friday, October 16, 2009

banana bread

I love banana bread. I have made it many times in the past, but it seems that the last several times the bread would get too brown on the outside while undercooked in the middle. This past weekend I found a new recipe online and as I was reading the review of it, several people mentioned having the same problem with banana bread having a gooey center. One reviewer posted an idea of baking the bread in a bundt pan rather than a loaf pan and decreasing the cooking time. Hello! It worked perfectly! Here is the recipe I found at Recipe Zaar (great site for recipes with lots of reviews) for Banana Banana Bread. It had a near five-star rating with over 600 reviews...I figured it was a pretty safe bet :) The bread was delicious!

Banana Banana Bread
(submitted by Shelley Albeluhn on recipezaar.com)

Ingredients

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan. (I used a bundt pan.)
3. In large bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
4. In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
5. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
6. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. (I decreased the baking time to 40 minutes with the bundt pan.)
9. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

8 comments:

Asti said...

Oooh, I'll check it out. We love banana bread here too. thanks :)

Elizabeth said...

I'm always on the hunt for a good banana bread recipe. I thought I had one, but the last time I made it, it didn't turn out so well. This one looks delish!!

jen said...

i was just thinking about making banana bread! actually, i make mine into muffins - cooks faster and easier to give away! :)

there's one recipe on allrecipes.com that uses sour cream which is pretty darn good but i think i'll have to try this one. thanks!

Stephanie Breuner said...

I am glad you posted this recipe. I was going to ask you for it after eating it last week. It's good.

Jessica said...

I am always looking for a good banana bread recipe---This looks so tasty!

kristi said...

hi! i think you sent me this a long time ago but i never got around to using it. i am so using it now that the weather has cooled down to 85. :)

Heather said...

It looks so much fancier when done in a bundt pan, doesn't it.

Melissa said...

I'm baking it right now. It smells yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...