I love banana bread. I have made it many times in the past, but it seems that the last several times the bread would get too brown on the outside while undercooked in the middle. This past weekend I found a new recipe online and as I was reading the review of it, several people mentioned having the same problem with banana bread having a gooey center. One reviewer posted an idea of baking the bread in a bundt pan rather than a loaf pan and decreasing the cooking time. Hello! It worked perfectly! Here is the recipe I found at Recipe Zaar (great site for recipes with lots of reviews) for Banana Banana Bread. It had a near five-star rating with over 600 reviews...I figured it was a pretty safe bet :) The bread was delicious!
Banana Banana Bread
(submitted by Shelley Albeluhn on recipezaar.com)
2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed very overripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan. (I used a bundt pan.)
3. In large bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
4. In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
5. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
6. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. (I decreased the baking time to 40 minutes with the bundt pan.)
9. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.