Wednesday, October 31, 2007

happy halloween


so, my intention was to take a picture of our pumpkin last night and post it this morning with a happy halloween message. well, i forgot to take a picture of it last night, and so much for that idea. then, i figured i would post an old photo. well, i thought this photo was on an external hard drive that we have that i thought was tied up in a music project with michael. it is not and i just took it and scanned through the photos looking for the photo and couldn't find it. well, after all of that and making costumes and mailing birthday invitations, alas, the photo was right here on the computer already, just not in my iphoto library. geez... i think this will forever be one of my favorites of larkin. he was twenty months old here and was amazed by the pumpkin. but, aren't we all still fascinated by carved pumpkins? i know i am.
do you know what else i can't get enough of? old children's books. the sale that i mentioned in my last post was at the library in my hometown. my mom and i went last week and it was amazing! a huge room full of books and the hardbacks were only fifity cents! here is a sampling of my finds. and this is only a small fraction of them...


4 comments:

erica said...

Oh how I'm trying not to covet those books. I love Maj Lindman. And 'THE INDEPENDENT BLUEBIRD'??? What could beat a title like that?

Unknown said...

cool finds.

have you seen the new "old looking" books called the Dangerous Book For Boys and the Daring Book For Girls. Very cool. Costco has them right now.

Beemoosie said...

Oh, Amy those are so delightful! I don't know what it is about them, but they just make me feel good!

girl on a roof said...

That pumpkin picture makes my heart happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...