Thursday, July 11, 2013

bura ellen on etsy

Today I have exciting news! I am finally opening my etsy shop! I have wanted to do this for years and I am thrilled to finally have it all together and ready!


My spoon necklaces are a lot of fun to create. I have been picking up old spoons for a while to start making these. One of the great things about these is that I get to spend some time with my daddy in the process. He has a great workshop. We start out with him cutting the handles off the spoons and then hammering the spoon flat (he's strong like that). We then drill a hole for the necklace and polish it. Then its ready to embellish. Michael's dad had an old set of metal stamps that he gave him years ago. I use those to stamp a word on the spoon and then add beads. Fun and unique.


I absolutely love old books. My collection is rather large. I have always been drawn to the sweet illustrations in many of them. I have been trying to think of ways to share these images because they are just too great to be stuck in a closed book. So you will find these one of a kind book image necklaces in the shop, too. This little deer one is particularly hard for me to part with.

I hope you will hop over and visit me in the shop! It opens at 11 a.m. est. today!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! I love having my etsy shop, I'm sure you will find it very rewarding. Perhaps with the spoon handles you could make them into cool rings??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...