Monday, January 30, 2012

a little something

Back before Christmas I was able to sneak a few minutes to work on a skirt for Lucy. Even in the midst of the busyness, a girl has to have time with her sewing machine, ya know? However, somehow it has taken me over a month to get photos of it. She wore it to church and I figured that was a good location to take a couple of shots (even if just with my phone). Seriously, there are some really great walls at our new church.

Several months ago I made a scarf with this floral fabric. I really love the fabric so I went a bought another yard and some coordinating fabric for a double layer skirt for Lucy (similar to these I made a few years ago). I also bought a bit of lace to put in between the layers.

I also decided to make a coordinating headband for her. I'm not sure which I like more, the skirt or the headband!
I really look forward to getting my sewing machine back out. It really is hard for it to still be packed up. I don't have a dedicated sewing space in this house, so I've got to figure that part out. But, I am itching to do some sewing!


linking up with

5 comments:

Jennifer Farris said...

You are amazing!

Elise said...

That skirt is darling!! Love the hair bob, too!!
Elise

Christa said...

So cute! Lucy and the skirt and the headband are darling! That fabric really is amazing. I miss you! I miss craft nights! I hope that you guys are settling in really well.

Nikole said...

Oh my goodness! These are so sweet! Nice work! (Do you know what fabric this is, I'm pretty smitten with it myself!)

Sophie said...

That is really cute. I like the hair pin too--lovely :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...