Wednesday, November 10, 2010

falling time

Like a lot of folks, I really enjoy the time change each fall. I actually like the sun coming up early. Honestly, I almost have to have it that way in order to get going each day. I end up being much more productive. And I don't really mind it getting dark earlier. And you know how people say we gain an hour? If only that were true. Sure, we get an extra hour's sleep on one night, but what if we truly gained an extra hour? I don't know about you guys, but I could really use one these days.

My plate isn't just full, it is piled so high that things are oozing off the sides. OK, that sounded kinda gross. The word ooze, even without its meaning, is kinda gross, right? Anyway, I digress. I have so many things going on right now and it is driving me crazy that I don't have time to do all of them right away.

It all started around the time my mom, aunt and I went to the Country Living Fair in Atlanta. I can't believe I haven't already mentioned it. It was fantastic and I came home with inspiration coming out of my ears. Seriously, when I got home I carried a notepad around with me because ideas kept coming to me and I wanted to write them all down before I forgot them.
Since then I have made Halloween costumes and am sewing two period dresses for a friend. And I have a dress for Lucy waiting in the wings. And all that inspiration I have been carrying around? It is still waiting. Although, not very patiently. I want so desperately to work on these new ideas, but I know there are things that I have to finish first.

So I should get the stuff done and move on already, right? That sounds simple. But guess what I have been doing instead of focusing on crafty things? I've been deep cleaning and organizing. Yep. Somehow I have been overwhelmed by the need to clean things out. That is all fine and dandy, but it leaves my blog looking kinda sparse. I mean, who wants to see photos or posts about my pantry or our bathroom closet? Exactly.

On top of all that, we have moved into the Middle Ages for our history lessons and I can't get enough of it (hence the photo above). When I am not teaching, I find myself searching for books and projects for history. Oh, and I have handmade Christmas gifts to make soon...

So, see what I mean? I think that all of my "problems" are actually good things. Great things, even. But why do they have to all come at one time? An extra hour would be so helpful. It is times like these that I wonder how a person can ever be bored. I don't think it is possible.

3 comments:

the fabled needle (jen) said...

gosh, i can't remember the last time i was bored! i'm like you, there's always a ton of things i'd like to do.

wow, the country living fair sounds fun! i've wanted to go for a while, even considered flying out to attend (although i don't know anyone else who would want to go with me!). nowadays i like country living even more than ms living, believe it or not.

i'd love to see some crafty things you'll be working on but i understand the need to clean and organize as well!

mary anna said...

I am never bored even when I have "nothing to do." I am either "lazy" or it takes so little to entertain me!

Jeanne Oliver said...

It sounds like you are crazy busy but having a blast!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...