Wednesday, August 11, 2010

flower girl

I have really been loving the trend of necklaces with multiple charms on them. The other day I was going through a box of old trinkets when I came the charm that I got when I was a flower girl in my cousin Peggy's wedding. In the same box were this little heart charm that I had when I was little as well as the clear heart with a mustard seed in it (referencing Matthew 17:20). I immediately thought it would be great to place them on a necklace together.

I found the perfect chain at Target that was 18k gold over silver for just $9.99. And I have been wearing it a ton in the last week. I love that each of the charms has a special meaning for me. Here is the back of the flower girl charm. I have had it for 30 years! Wow!
And to impress you even further, I even have a photo of me at the wedding wearing the charm! I'm the blond on the far right. I kindly stole this image from my cousin's Facebook photos. Thanks Dana!

6 comments:

kristi said...

i love this necklace! and what a cute picture of you as a little girl. you were adorable. lucy looks so much like you as a little girl.

Nan Van said...

How cute! What a neat necklace, and even moreso because of all the meanings and history involved. Plus it looks good! Very cool. :D

Nancy

sew nancy said...

Sweet bits of history. I bet the bride from the wedding will be happy to see you wear that charm now. The flower girl dress;) oh my goodness!

Marci said...

that's so fun! I love it! and i really love that picture too!

mary anna said...

What a treasure! It really looks great on you now! We have a copy of this picture. That was a day to remember---you were so beautiful and shy!

Jennifer Farris said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Glad you enjoyed. :) What a beautiful charm, and a neat story.

Jennifer
www.thefarriswheel.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...