I am working on a very fun quilt. And like a lot of quilts, you assemble the quilt blocks in rows and then sew the rows together. With this quilt, I would pick up a row and then forget which was the top and bottom before I even got to the sewing machine (I must have been very tired). This was made more stressful by the fact that I had to assemble it just like I had it laid out on the floor because there was one, and I mean only one, way to assemble it that did not involve two of the same fabrics being next to each other.
I started out by just placing pins in the tops of each of the rows so I would know which end was up, but then my problems continued. When I got to the sewing machine I would forget which row was the one to sew onto next (seriously, for some bizarre reason I was having a hard time focusing). So I came up with the idea to write numbers on the pins. That way I would know which end was the top of the row and which number row it was. I wish I had taken a photo to show you, but remember, I was having a hard time just sewing the thing together! Hopefully, you can picture it.
I still need to buy border and backing fabric before I can finish the quilt. I hope to do that soon. I also had the goal of making a quilt for each of the kids' beds this summer, but the season already seems to be going by too quickly! It will be nothing short of a miracle if I get them made!