Thursday, June 24, 2010

one word: beach

We have just returned from an amazing week at the beach. We had the most beautiful, sunshine on our faces, salt air in our hair weather (unlike last year). I really love the beach. Apparently I like to take blog breaks around my beach trips since I did that last year and this year. I guess my mind goes on vacation a few weeks before the actual physical vacation.

It is funny how, even when I don't blog, I am constantly viewing my surroundings and our daily doings through the lens of the blog, looking for ways that things could be presented here. Does anyone else find themselves doing that? And now with the world of tweets it has gotten even worse because I try to find ways to share those experiences in less than 14o characters. Anyway, I am trying to find the best way to keep this place updated. I write blogs in my head all the time but don't get around to posting them. And that makes me sad because I absolutely love to blog. Does anyone have a "system" for posting? Maybe I just need a little structure. Ideas are welcomed. In the meantime, here are a few photos from our lovely little break.

The cutest kids ever...

I tend not to post photos of myself on here because, quite honestly, I think I look ridiculous in every one of me. But I am going to try to get over that. Really, we can't all look great all the time, right? (If you do, please just keep silent.) Plus, I absolutely love and adore this guy (whose birthday was yesterday) and I am so proud to be his wife...

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday to your husband.

I'm having troubles being inspired myself, and it seems like a week goes by before I get a post in. Summer tends to do that to me. I'm going to try to see the simplicity in summer and just start taking photos.

I like pictures of the actual people who write the blog, so get yourself on here more.:)

ablossom said...

oh I can smell the beach just reading your post. Thanks again for sharing your favorite vacation spot with us this summer. I'm glad you had a great week!

kristi said...

that top photo is exquisite! and the woman in the bottom photo is too. ;)

so glad you guys had such a fun time.

xo

Shannan Martin said...

Here's what I do about the pictures - I purposely post ridiculous photos of myself on a semi-regular basis, so then the we are all well aware that I usually run around looking less then put-together. And maybe a little crazy. Takes the pressure off!

As for blogging - I have a sickness. I feel compelled to write nearly every day. It clears my brain. Scary, right? :)

ps- Your vacay sounds divine! I love salty hair.

Stephanie Breuner said...

one word: Fun!

glad you had a good time

Happy Birthday Michael!

The last time I posted on my blog was January! yikes!

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I think you are beautiful but I can relate completely. Only a rare few photos of myself make it to my blog. I'm not sure if it was the 12 years of teasing but I don't seem to like what I see in the mirror or in photographs. I keep hoping that perception will change but it hasn't really. And yes, I too see life through the lens of my camera or my blog. In a way I guess my blog is my journal so it kind of makes sense that we want to add things to it.

sewtakeahike said...

you two look great in that photo Amy! I love these natural, on the go shots the best. You can really see so much more about a person that way than with more "posed" shots. glad you had such a fun time at the beach with your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...