Thursday, June 19, 2008

something good this way comes

just how good can two days be? well, let me tell you. on tuesday night my mom and i went to the fox theatre to see casablanca. it was amazing! to see one of my favorite movies in this venue was unbelievable. i mean, to watch a movie that was set in morocco, in a theatre with moorish design influence was perfect. we sat in the balcony which feels like you are in a courtyard complete with twinkling stars. and it was great to spend a night out with my mom!

last night michael and i went to see jakob dylan. people, i could not have left a show more happy. now remember, for me, his voice is only second to that of michael's. i believe it has been eight years since i went to see the wallflowers and have not had a chance to see them since. last summer there was a travis show in town and the advertisement said jakob would be appearing, too. i bought tickets immediately only to show up at the show and no jakob. very sad. so, last night was extra awesome for me. i have seen some good shows in my time, but this may be at the very top.

in sewing news, i decided that lucy's new doll cradle needed a "mattress." i have had this fabric for several years...

it matched the cradle perfectly. after i made the mattress, i had two pieces of scrap fabric and michael suggested that i make a pillow. i love how they turned out. lucy's doll is resting peacefully in it right now.
whew, can ya'll handle all that goodness?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute. so as you know, i've fallen off the blogging world. but I will slowly emerge by posting comments on your blog. i will go from newest to oldest...maybe this will give me some incentive to blog....doubt it.

:) i forever heart your blog.

Dana said...

i nary can handle the goodness.

you lucky duck.

kristi said...

glad to see you recovered nicely from the pickling. wow, two enchanting nights. yay for you!

the crib mattress & pillow look great--that fabric is too cute.

Jessica said...

I just love that fabric! Have a great weekend!

deborah said...

Sounds like you and your mom had a fun week. I love the mattress and pillow, it is so cute. The fabric is great. I know Lucy really was impressed.
Love Aunt Deborah

sew nancy said...

sounds fun
love the fabric and the cute accessories you made with it for the cradle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...