Tuesday, June 10, 2008

my writer

while i was enjoying tapas for girls' night out, larkin decided that he would starting writing. now, he has been writing his letters and name for a long time. that is not the surprising part of this story. the surprising part is that he went into the craft room for a while by himself and when he emerged, he had written the word cup and drawn a picture of a cup. he then went back into the room to make this little masterpiece...
he had a little trouble with the g, so michael helped him (you can see michael's lovely work on the right side of the page in the center). i was so thrilled that he not only knew how to spell the words, but he did it on his own! and he is getting better with reading as well. i am just so proud of him!

p.s. for those of you who wanted the strawberry cake recipe, you can find it here. thanks for posting it, erica!

4 comments:

mary anna said...

That's my boy! He is so bright in more ways than one! He is sitty's 5 year old "sunshine" Can't wait to see you all. hugs and kisses to all.

deborah said...

Looks like Larkin is ready to start helping you with your crafts. I am so proud of him and can't wait to see what he makes next. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

erica said...

Wow! What evidence of your good teaching and mothering skills, Amy. I know you must have felt very, very proud.

erica said...

I forgot to add that Matt and Anna presented me with a strawberry cake this morning. (And tea and flowers. Just like 'Flicka, Ricka, Dicka Bake a Cake'!!) Matt couldn't find my recipe card so he referred to my blog. Thanks for asking me to post it or I might not be enjoying this cake today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...