Tuesday, May 06, 2008

hello sewing machine

thank you all so much for your kind words regarding the passing of my grandma. it was very comforting to know that thoughts and prayers from all over the world were with me during this time. you are all amazing!
after a week of taking some time to just spend with my family, i am back at the sewing machine. i know my grandma would be pleased. this weekend my friend janelle came over with her sewing machine and she made a purse while i whipped up a tag security blanket for a baby gift. someone gave lucy one of these and she loved it. it seems babies are always going for tags, so this is great for them. i have had this fleece for a while and it is super soft.  and i have plenty of ribbon. my goodness at the ribbon! i also worked on lucy's quilt. i am so pleased with how it is coming together. today i am making pillowcases for the kids. so, look for more project updates tomorrow...

5 comments:

kristi said...

i've seen these tag blankets before; maybe even someone like ME could make this. i think i will give it a shot for my own bambino & let you know how it goes! can't wait to see those pillowcases & whatever other ultra-cool stuff you are working on. :) like i said, i have missed you sorely!

mick66 said...

my son went nuts for the tags and i wound up making him one too.

Anonymous said...

i had so much fun...i missed you so much. thanks for sharing your cool purse pattern with me. i have yet to blog it. unlike you...i'm a slacker :)

erica said...

so glad to see you're back. maybe we can finally make a date for next week? i need some amy-inspiration.

cookie said...

the quilt top looks great.
my sons have been asking for some pillow cases, so maybe i'll give it a go.
sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother, she sounds like an amazing woman.
love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...