Monday, December 03, 2007

gift update


i finished this wall art for my cousin, whose name i drew for christmas. she is a teenager and just updated her room and used red and yellow. i got the idea from the martha stewart show. the project and template for the bird are here. this was fun and easy. the only downside was using red paint. man, it takes so many coats to cover with red! here is a close-up.

our house is all ready for christmas. the tree is complete and all the garland is up inside and on the front porch. but, my gifts are far from complete. i still have quite a few to go before christmas. i actually have three knitting projects going right now (which is quite a lot for a girl who can barely knit). i had forgotten that i still need to finish stockings for me and michael. i made stockings for the kids last year, but never made it around to ours. gotta get that done, too! will there be enough time? how are you all doing on christmas gifts?

5 comments:

Asti said...

I love the bird. I'm so into them at the moment.
Don't worry I also have tons of presents to make (nervous laughter!)........

spotted dog farm said...

it sounds like you have it all under control for the holidays :) i'm still working on the decorating, much less the gifts! i have yet to begin 2 planned knitting projects, although they are pretty small.

Anonymous said...

Still embroidering our names on the stockings that I finished at 2a.m. last Christmas morning. ;)

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hello Amy
Thanks so much for dropping by just now..
I had to come over and say hello and I love what I see.. you have beautiful photos and a delightful blog.. Will be back..
Michelex

kristi said...

yet another anthropologie artsy cool thing made by amy... here's how deficient i am in the craft department: i just read the directions for this and they make NO sense to me. i'm glad we can be friends anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...