Tuesday, September 25, 2007

i heart glitter


as a part of "g" week around here, larkin and i made some glitter dough this afternoon. during the process, larkin referred to himself several times as "little chef". i have no idea where he got that, but i love it. i soon found out that he, too, loves glitter. can you really ever have enough? (especially in play dough)

i finished my little project. this was meant to be a quilt for lucy's dolls. i used a mix of new and vintage fabric (there is even an old shirt of mine and a napkin involved). however, i have fallen in love with it and can imagine it as a block in a quilt for lucy. i am torn about what to do. i desperately want to complete it, since it is so close (basted and all), but the idea of the big quilt keeps emerging. i know that it would be a time commitment for sure. any thoughts?

5 comments:

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

so sweet.. I realy love the patchwork and the blossom balloon.

Glittered playdough? I wonder if my 12 year old boy would still go for that?

julie (jane's apron) said...

I never thought of combining glitter with playdough...my daughter would love that...we'll try it!

Katherine said...

Looks like some creative fun at your house! Never thought of adding glitter to playdough, I know some little girls that would love this idea, thanks for the inspiration.

I can relate to you wanting to take the little quilt project and make it into a large quilt... that's actually what happened with the quilt I made for my youngest son. It started out as a pieced block using a fabric he chose, that I had intended to make into bed toss cushions. However, feedback from my husband and son, persuaded me to make it into a quilt. I'm glad I did. Yes, it was more work (did I mention that the feature fabric only came in a small packet at Michaels? And that it was constantly out of stock?) Anyways, if you really want to, why don't you make this project into a larger quilt? What's the downside for you?

Tania Julian said...

"little chef" was frequently used in "Ratatouille". Did Michael sneak to the movies with Larkin? btw, you totally inspired me and I started my own meaningless blog of nothing. Meanwhile, I love reading all about you and your fabulous projects!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this, It's beautiful. Utterly beautiful. Did you end up making a quilt?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...